Tips to Set Goals for Your Upcoming Year
Setting goals for your business, your home, your life can be quite overwhelming. Maybe you sit down to plan out your next few weeks, months, or even a whole year and you feel as though you’re unsure where to start. Perhaps you’ve made goals for yourself and halfway through the year, you haven’t met a single one.
Whatever the case may be, making the right goals is important. Just setting goals on paper isn’t enough. You need to know how to make the right goals that you can achieve during your set timeframe.
Tips for Making Your Goals Become Reality
- Make your goals measurable – If you don’t have measuring points along the way, how will you know if you’re moving forward toward your goal or not? Progress is measurable so include smaller goals or measuring points for moving toward a larger goal.
- Attainable – Are your goals actually something you can attain in the timeframe you have set forth? Is your goal something you can achieve? You may have some negative thoughts as you’re striving to reach the goal but you want to make sure it is truly something you can attain and that it’s not out of your reach.
- Set a timeline – You need to have a goal in mind. Are you trying to reach this certain goal in the next six months or a year? How long are you giving yourself to reach what you’ve put in front of you? These timelines should be realistic and something that helps to motivate and encourage you, not discourage you.
- Make your goals specific – Get detailed with what you’re trying to reach. Are you wanting to get out of debt? Then be specific on what bills you want to be paid off when and make a plan to achieve those goals by a certain timeline.
- Visualize your goal – Take time each day to visualize life when you’ve achieved that specific goal you’ve set forth. Maybe early in the morning or right before bed, sit and think to yourself on that goal being checked off your list. It helps to also make a vision board to see the goals you have right in front of you on a regular basis.
These are just a few of the ways you can set the right goals and meet them. You can also work with a fantastic life coach at Ignite Your Purpose to set goals, reach them, and move forward in your life!